Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You Know What I Hate? 2008... Dryer Sheets!

Okay, so I cannot say that I am NOT the kind of person that enjoys soft clean clothes smelling Snuggly Fresh. I really do, in fact, I use both liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets to enhance the chemical olfactory illusion of smelling not only clean.. but also like I've just frolicked through a meadow of wild flowers.

My problem is this: Used dryer sheets never go away, they're like Herpes.. you don't always notice an outbreak, but they're always there.. under the surface somewhere waiting for an inopportune moment to pop up.

I find dryer sheets EVERYWHERE, no matter how many times I KNOW I've thrown them away. I really believe that the first dryer sheet I ever used is, at this very moment, clinging to the inside of a pair of my pants. I've often been surprised to find that a persistant itch throughout a work day has turned out to be a stowaway sheet statically plastered to my underwear. They take up house in our towels, there's a community of them under the washing machine, and heaven help us from a surprise attack when we open a sock drawer!

Perhaps I need to re-evaluate my brand choices. I have been partial to Snuggle and Bounce: I may be bringing this on myself by chosing products that suggest they snuggle up to your unsnuggly parts, or bounce back whenever thrown out!

I think I must now clarify... I do not have Herpes.

2 comments:

Nate + Callie said...

Dude...isn't it ironic that THIS VERY MORNING that I had a dryer sheeeeeet lodged in my pants leg...and had to pull it out at my desk at work. How embarrassing.

Unknown said...

It's true. The only reason I don't have that problem any more is because Phaux gets them before they get me! :)