Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nat-facts, the sequel

1. When I was a toddler, I actually WAS dropped on my head (so all you who wonder frequently what's wrong with me, there ya go!)
2. I grew up in a mortuary, so if we ever needed extra fridge space for food, there were four coffin sized ones downstairs!
3. Years ago, I named the little toe on my right foot “Howie.” Why? … good question.
4. One of the banes of my existance is the crust that developes on the mustard bottle!
5. When I am nervous or anxious around acquaintances, I will hum quietly and somewhat out of tune. Weird thing is, I do it out of tune because I don't want those that can hear me to think that I am humming to show off any true singing talent. Funny that I worry what other people may think in these types of circumstances.. but not when I open my mouth and spout whatever is on my mind!
6. Sometimes I neglect shaving my legs for longer than I want to admit. I feel like when you’re a mom, you shouldn’t be ashamed until you can tie those hairs in a knot!
7. I enjoy writing. I do not write anything particularly thought provoking, inspiring, or even relevant.. but it is a healthy outlet of humor and cynicism.
8. I wore A LOT of black growing up. Yes, I was a somewhat depressed kid, but it was mainly because it hid the fat rolls better than yellow and purple. I was not considered E-mo, because I was too much of a dork.. and I didn’t write poetry about death and cutting myself J
9. I have to talk myself out of fast food almost daily. It is comforting to me, though it makes me a little ill.
10. If I have a good coupon.. even if it is for something that I never use.. I feel guilty if I don’t buy that thing because it’s such a good deal!
11. I can barely see out of my right eye; and my left is not awesome either, but I have been doing everything possible to avoid glasses or contacts because I’m irresponsible.
12. I don’t think Sushi is actual food. I think it’s bait.
13. I count how many seconds my pee streams last.
14. I won second place in a regional engineering fair once after making a pot that stirred itself.
15. While I am doing my hair, I will have one tiny line of a song or movie repeating in my head over and Over and OVER (ex: “Stellaaaaaaaaaa!” from Seinfeld, or a streetcar named Desire.) I hate it.
16. I am very aware and not too pleased about the ampleness of my bosoms.
17. I think I understand other languages better than I actually do.
18. I break pieces off of bread and squish them into little balls before eating them.
19. I LOVE the smell of fabric softener. It’s more alluring than any cologne, but the men who usually smell like it either still live with their mother, or are gay.
20. I wrap toilet paper around my hand two times and always use the same number of squares.
21. I hate it when people lick their chapped lips while talking, and let the slobber gather In the corners of their mouth.
22. I hope to, one day, get lucky on a sailboat.
23. I have a strong aversion to those kiosk shops in the middle of mall hallways. Especially when the associates touch me, or try to put something on me!
24. Before I was 24, I had never eaten a brussel sprout!
25. My secret wish is to design my own house with a fish tank for one whole wall… and also to become a marketable songwriter. I will likely never have the money or connections to do either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really not sure how I ever got along without you. I am bored at work and you have amused me entirely with one little excerpt. I need you to post at least one blog a day.
MWAH!